Recipe By Chef Of the Fortnight, Angshuman Adhikari,
Chef De Cusinine, Diya, The Leela Ambience Gurgaon
– Milk (Full cream) – 1 Liter
– Cooking cream – 100 Ml
– Basmati Rice – 80 Gms
– Saffron – 1 Gm
– Gelatin leaves – 15 Gms
– Sugar – 60 Gms
– Mix together the milk, cream & soak the rice in this mixture for 45 min.
– In the meanwhile lightly roast the saffron strands on low heat & then crush into a powder.
– Also soak the gelatin leaves in cold water for 15 min, once soaked then strain off the excess liquid & melt the gelatin in a microwave oven.
– Once the rice is soaked, strain the rice & grind using a KitchenAid cordless hand blender into a fine semi liquid paste using a bit of the milk & cream mixture.
– Put rest of the milk & cream in a saucepan & bring to a boil, add the saffron, sugar & cook for 2 min.
– Start adding the rice paste in a steady thin stream stirring with a whisk all throughout.
– Once the rice paste is finished, add the melted gelatin & mix thoroughly off the flame.
– Pour this mixture into a mould of your choice & leave it in a refrigerator for 3 hrs.
– Take out de-mould & serve chilled with toppings.