Warm up this winter with a comforting bowl of pumpkin soup. It’s not just healthy and comforting, it is even unbelievably tasty!!
Preparation Time: 8-10 minutes Serves: 6 cups
Cooking time: 45-55 minutes
– Pumpkin: 500gm.
– Garlic: 5-6 cloves
– Coriander stems: 20g.
– Lemongrass: 15g.
– Kaffir lime: 3-4no.
– Green chili: 1 no.
– Thai red curry paste: 1 teaspoon
– Oil: 30ml
– Basil few sprigs
– Coconut cream: 50ml
– Peel, deseed and dice pumpkin and toss in a few garlic cloves too.
– Rub with oil and salt. Roast it in the oven for 35-40 minutes till soft and tender.
– For the stock heat water (2 cups) in a saucepan add coriander stems, lemon grass, kaffir lime, garlic and a green chili. Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
– Place the cooked pumpkin along with strained stock in the KitchenAid Diamond Blender jar and blend using the hot foods function till smooth.
– Heat oil in a pan and add the curry paste along with a spoon or two of water.
– Add in the blended pumpkin soup.
– Season with a little salt and sugar and finish with basil and serve hot with some coconut cream.