Strawberry Cake is a soft, moist cake perfect for the summer season. With plenty of red beauties in the market this cake is a great way to put them to use. And the strawberry and sugar layer on top provides the delectable taste to the cake.
– 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
– a pinch of salt
– 1/2 cup vanilla sugar plus 2 tablespoons to sprinkle on top
– 1 egg
– 1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter a 9 inch loaf pan with little butter and line it with parchment paper.
– Whisk flour, baking powder and salt together in a small bowl. In a larger bowl, whisk butter and 1/2 Cup sugar until pale and fluffy with KitchenAid 7 Speed hand mixer, about 3 – 4 minutes. Add egg, milk and vanilla and whisk until just combined. Step 1
– Add sifted mixture gradually, gently fold the batter until all ingredients combined well. Step 2
– Pour the batter in the greased loaf pan. Arrange sliced strawberries on top of batter, as closely as possible in a single layer. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons sugar over berries. Step 3
– Bake cake for 50 minutes to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the loaf pan over a wire rack.
– Cut into slice and serve Strawberry Cake with cream along with a cup of coffee.