I love strawberry cheesecake ice-cream. All thanks to the KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker Attachment, I can now make it at home with just a few very simple ingredients. This ice-cream has fresh strawberry pieces and crushed digestive biscuits that lend the smooth ice-cream a lot of flavour and texture. I am definitely making this ice-cream again and again, this summer!
Time taken: 30 minutes + chilling time Serves: 2
– Whole milk: 1 cup
– Double cream: 2 cups
– Granulated sugar: 3/4 cup
– beans from one vanilla pod
– Fresh strawberries (finely chopped): 1/4th cup
– Digestive biscuits (crushed): 1/4th cup
– Chill the KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker Attachment in the freezer overnight.
– In a saucepan, whisk together milk and granulated sugar until the sugar melts.
– Add cream and mix well. Add vanilla beans.
– Pour the mixture into a container, cover and freeze for 2 hours.
– Pour the mixture into the ice-cream maker and churn at low speed for 15 minutes.
– Carefully fold in the strawberry pieces and crushed biscuits.
– Transfer the mixture into a freeze safe container and freeze until firm.