Summers make us crave airy, light, delicious confections and nothing can satiate those craving better than a Strawberry Pavalova. Our Chef of the Fortnight, Swathi, Founder- Director of Great Desserts Company a one of its kind boutique Patisserie- Bakery Training School and Production house in Gurgaon, shows us how to make them
– Egg whites: 4 no
– Sugar: 225 gm
– Corn flour: 10 gm
– Vinegar: 5 ml
– Vanilla essence: 5 ml
– Mascarpone: 100 gm
– Icing sugar: 15 gm
– lemon zest: ½ (grated)
– Fresh fruit of your choice- such as strawberries, Mango etc. : 200 gm
– Prepare a baking tray by applying a thin layer of butter/oil.
– Pre heat the oven to 100 degrees C.
– Using your KitchenAid stand mixer with the whisk attachment-whisk the egg whites till they begin to foam, add the sugar and whisk till a soft peak is formed.
– Add in the vanilla, vinegar and corn flour. Whisk till fully absorbed, and a medium peak holds it shape.
– Pipe into desired shapes on the baking tray and bake for 1 hour.
– To check, lift a pavlova off the tray if the base is fully set, the centre should be fully set, (A good test is that when the pavlova releases off the tray but when pressed the top is fully set but not so dry that it is brittle).
– For the filling- Mix together the mascarpone with the icing sugar and lemon zest.
– Spoon a small dollop of the mascarpone on the Pavlova and top with a tablespoon full of sweet diced fruit of your choice.