Recipe by Rupali Dean Traveller & Foodie
‘The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach is an age old saying and I think it’s true, feed anyone good food and they are happy. For me cooking is not only a hobby but also a passion and a profession. What could be a better combination as a table is a place to gather, be festive and celebrate, for me baking is to give and to be a reason for other’s joy’ shares young aspiring pastry chef Archana Mehra a 3rd Year Culinary Arts student from IHM – Aurangabad.
– 1 cup strawberries
– 2 tablespoon sugar
– 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
– 4 egg whites
– 1/2 cup water
- Slice the strawberries and heat them with a little water and sugar till it forms a thick jam. Let it cool down.
– Beat 4 egg whites in the KitchenAid stand mixer till u get a soft peak. Gently fold the strawberry puree into the egg whites.
– Pour this mixture into 4 greased ramekins and wipe the mouth of the ramekins for the soufflé to rise easily.
– Bake in a preheated oven at about 350F until it has risen and is golden brown on top.
– Drizzle with some icing sugar and top with a sliced strawberry.