Recipe by Chef Aungshuman Chakraborty – Executive Chef- The Lalit, Mumbai
– Egg yolk: 100 gm
– Castor Sugar: 80 gm
– Mascarpone Cheese: 300 gm
– Egg white: 150 gm
INGREDIENTS: For Coffee Syrup
– Coffee powder: 50 gm
– Kahlua Liquor: 90 ml
– Castor Sugar: 50 gm
– Water: 200 ml
– Whisk the yolk in the KitchenAid Stand Mixer at 10 no. speed.
– Melt the sugar with a little bit of water to make it one string consistency till 115-120 degree celsius.
– When the yolk gets stiff add the sugar to the yolk, whisk it at a high speed for 10 minutes.
– Fold the mascarpone into the sabayon lightly at 2 no. speed.
– Whip the egg white till it makes the foam to soft peak texture (it required 5-7 minutes at 10 no speed).
– Fold the cheese sabayon into the meringue by hand.
Note: Take precaution while folding the meringue it should be clockwise and very carefully, should not be loose the volume otherwise meringue start to leave the water from the base
METHOD: For Syrup
– Add all ingredients together stir it still sugar and coffee powder will not get dissolve
– Soak the 3 ladyfingers into the coffee liquor keep in the glass vertically.
– Pour the cream bottom of the glass keeps lady finger in between the mousse.
– Pour the Cream again on the remaining part of the glass plain it.
– Dust the cocoa lightly on the top of the cream.
– When the creams get ready to keep in the walking for 2-3 hours.
– Keep one ladyfinger on the top and serve chilled.