KitchenAid ‘Chef Of The Fortnight': Arzooman Irani, Executive Chef VIVANTA by TAJ, Gurgaon, shares his famous recipe of Tiramisushi!
INGREDIENTS: For Cocoa Roulade Sponge Cake
– Flour: 75 gms
– Cocoa powder: 65 gms
– Baking powder: ¼ teaspoon
– Eggs (large): 3 nos.
– Sugar: 75 gms
– A pinch Salt
– Butter: 2 tablespoon
– Water: 1 tablespoon
– Sugar, for dusting
INGREDIENTS: Marsala Mascarpone Filling
– Mascarpone cheese: 240 gms
– Confectioner’s sugar (sifted): 15 gms
– Marsala wine: 15 ml
METHOD: Cocoa Sponge
– Pre- heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a KitchenAid Professional-Grade Nonstick 9″ x13″ Cookie Sheet and line the base with parchment paper. Prepare two thin tea towels, sprinkled generously with confectioner’s sugar.
– Sift flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into a bowl and set aside.
– Whisk eggs and sugar together in the KitchenAid Stand Mixer on low speed. Set over a saucepan of simmering water on the stove and heat for a few minutes, whisking constantly, until the mixture has cooled and tripled in volume.
– Remove bowl from the heat and fold in flour mixture with a rubber spatula, trying not to deflate the batter.
– Combine melted butter and water and add to the batter, folding in to combine.
– Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread out evenly with an offset spatula.
– Bake for about 8-10 minutes, rotating the pan half way through. The centre of the cake should bounce back when pressed with a fingertip.
– Remove from oven and immediately turn out onto a wire rack. Peel off the piece of parchment and cut the cake lengthwise down the middle, so that you have two long skinny rectangles. Transfer each piece to a tea towel. Roll the cake with the tea towel from the longest side. Let them cool completely.
METHOD: Mascarpone Filling
– Combine all the ingredients together in the KitchenAid Stand Mixer bowl for a few seconds on low speed until evenly blended.
– Unroll cakes from towel and spread cheese mixture on them. You may use a piping bag to do this.
– Re-roll cakes and refrigerate for at least an hour.
– Cut the cake rolls into sushi-sized pieces and garnish with supreme orange sections.
– Serve with chopsticks.