Our Chef Of the Fortnight, Sahil Sabhlok Executive Chef, The Claridges New Delhi shares his favourite recipe, Truffled Camembert Souffle Asparagus emulsion. Try it out and you will never want to eat any other type of Souffle again.
For the Souffle
– 75g butter
– 100g Camembert
– 50g plain flour
– 300ml milk
– 30g Parmesan finely grated
– Pinch of salt
– Pinch of pepper
– 4 eggs, separated
– Truffle oil, as per requirement
– Fresh truffle shavings, for garnish
For the Asparagus Emulsion:
– 2 Eggyolks
– 250 gms. Fresh green asparagus, peeled
– A sprig of thyme
– Preheat the oven to 200°C (combi oven). Grease 4 individual soufflé ramekins with butter, then add the grated parmesan, tilting the ramekins so that it coats the base and sides
– Put the remaining butter into a saucepan with the flour and milk. Heat, stirring constantly with a small whisk, until the mixture is thick and smooth. Cook for a few more seconds, stirring all the time. Remove from the heat and add the camembert cheese, stirring until melted.
– Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir the egg yolks into the cheese mixture. At this point add in the truffle oil. Cool down the mixture.
– Whisk the egg whites using the KitchenAid Stand Mixer, until peaks forms that just hold their shape.
– Take the cooled cheese mixture in a bowl of the KitchenAid Stand Mixer and cream the mixture with the help of the paddle attachment.
– Gently fold in the whisked fluffy egg whites in into the cheese mixture and freshly sliced truffles. Pour into the prepared ramekins.
– Place on the baking sheet and bake for 25-30 mins until the top is golden and risen and has a slight wobble. Serve immediately.
For the green asparagus emulsion:
– Blanch asparagus with thyme (picked leaves) and blend to a smooth puree using the Blender and strain.
– Whisk the egg yolks with the help of Hand Mixer in a bowl over a bain-marie add in the green asparagus puree and whisk continuously until it is slightly firm and creamy textured. Add salt and keep warm.
Assembling the dish:
– Place the soufflé ramekin on an under liner and serve the emulsion in a pouring beaker next to it.