‘Diwali’ festival of lights, festival that celebrates the triumph of good over evil and a festival of goddess Lakshmi, when the goddess of wealth and prosperity is believed to come home. An auspicious day for millions us.Turmeric is considered equally auspicious, that even Lakshmi idols are made used turmeric paste, along with it having infinite health benefits.
I am proud to have developed this recipe for KitchenAid India this Diwali. Do try it out and have something unusual for your dinner parties this season. I would call it one of the best ice creams I have ever had. A recipe with a twist made using the traditional ingredients.
KitchenAid Stand Mixer with Whisk Attachment
- Heavy Cream – 400ml
– Powdered Sugar – 1/2 cup
– Condensed Milk – 4 tablespoon
– Turmeric powder – 2 tablespoon
– Ground black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
– Rose petals for garnishing
- Refrigerate the cream overnight.
- Pour the cream into the bowl of the KitchenAid Stand Mixer with Whisk Attachment.
- Whisk it till it forms soft peak. add sugar, condensed milk, turmeric powder and black pepper powder and whisk till the cream forms stiff peaks.
- Transfer this mixture into an airtight container and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove it out a couple of minutes in advance before you want to serve it.
- Scoop it out. Garnish it with rose petals and serve.
*Adjust the Sugar according to your taste.
Adjust the turmeric powder according to your liking.
You could also use sliced pistachios or almonds for garnishing.