White Chocolate Parmesan Crumpets
–By Chef RanveerBrar
– Crumpet rings (10cm diameter)
– Griddle or Flat frying pan
– Vegetable oil to grease the pan
– Whole milk: 240 ml
– Zest of orange: 1 no.
– Sugar: 15 gms
– White chocolate (good quality): 50 gms
– Plain flour: 250 gms
– Fresh yeast: 10 gms or Dried yeast: 1 teaspoon
– Juice of one orange, topped up to 125 ml with water
– White wine vinegar: 2 teaspoon
– Parmesan: 1⁄2 teaspoon
PRODUCTS FEATURED: KitchenAid Stand Mixer
Crumpet rings (10cm diameter)
Griddle or Flat frying pan
Vegetable oil to grease the pan
– Place the milk into a pan over a low heat. Add the orange zest and sugar.
– Grate in the chocolate. Simmer, stirring continuously over a low heat for a few minutes until the chocolate has melted.
– Place the flour in a bowl and crumble the fresh yeast into it. Stir in the warmed milk mixture and beat well in a
– Place the flour in a bowl and crumble the fresh yeast into it. Stir in the warmed milk mixture and beat well in your KitchenAid Stand Mixer for two minutes at speed 4, until it combines.
– Cover the bowl with plastic and leave to rest for two hours.
– Place the orange juice and water mixture in a separate pan, add the vinegar and parmesan and stir over a low heat for a minute or two until it is warm.
– Add the liquid to the dough mixture and fold in a kitchen aid at speed 2 to make a thick batter. Leave to rest again for 45 minutes to one hour.
– Place the griddle or flat frying pan on the hob and heat.
– Pour vegetable oil and use to grease the griddle or pan. Place the rings on it. Pour the batter into the rings until it is level with the top.
– Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the bubbles start to set on the top. Flip the crumpets over for a few seconds and cook the other side.
– Remove from the heat and take the crumpets out of the rings.
TIP: Serve with fresh berries