Yield: Makes 20 biscotti
– 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
– 4 ounces (120 grams) semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
– 1 cup light brown sugar
– 1 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat flour
– 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 3 large eggs
– 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a KitchenAid Cordless Hand Blender, fitted with the chopping blade, place the chocolate chips and brown sugar and process until the chocolate is very fine.
- Then, in a large bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking soda and salt. Keep aside until required.
- In the bowl of your KitchenAid Stand Mixer with paddle attachment beat the eggs and vanilla extract until combined for 1 minute at medium speed. Add the chocolate/sugar mixture and the flour mixture and mix until a stiff dough forms, adding the hazelnuts about half way through mixing.
- Transfer dough to a flour dusted kitchen counter and shape into a firm dough.
- With floured hands divide the dough in half. On a lightly floured surface roll each half of dough into a log shape about 10 inches (25 cm) long and 2 inches (5 cm) wide.
- Transfer the logs to the prepared baking sheet, spacing about 3 inches (7.5 cm) apart. Bake until almost firm to the touch, about 35 – 40 minutes. Remove from the oven, place on wire rack, and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Using a long spatula transfer the logs to a cutting board. Using a serrated or sharp knife cut the dough into slices 3/4 inch (2 cm) thick on the diagonal. Arrange the slices cut-side down on the baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes. Turn the slices over and bake until crisp and dry, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack.
- Let biscotti cool completely before storing in airtight container at room temperature.
PRODUCTS FEATURED :
Easily make your favorite cakes and multiple batches of cookie dough with the 4.8 L stainless steel mixing bowl with comfortable handle. With 10 speeds, the stand mixer will quickly become your kitchen’s culinary center as you mix, knead and whip ingredients with ease. And for even more versatility, the power hub fits optional attachments from food grinders to pasta makers and more.Learn More
KitchenAid® Artisan® 4.8 L Tilt Head Stand Mixer