I’ve baked my fair share of muffins over the years, but it takes a lot of faith to pop them into muffin pans without greasing the pan or lining it with cases. But stay with me, and you’ll see how this works. Zucchini Muffins are a great way to sneak in some nutrition into muffins. I remember how I would look forward to any little surprise in my tiffin when I was in school. And I always hope it was a sweet one. That’s the thing about kids… they are easy to please with the little things, and always worth a try to hide some veggies in something they look forward to.
There’s no processed sugar, just some raw sugar, which you can easily find in supermarkets. I didn’t try to add whole wheat flour here, but if you like, you could substitute about 20% of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat.
You don’t need too many pans or any fancy equipment for this recipe, just two bowls for mixing. It’s a simple ‘add-dry-ingredients-to-wet’ batter. And then we fold in the nuts. They add so much texture!
Now is the time when you need to muster up some faith and not grease these muffin cavities from the inside. Trust me, that’s what’s so amazing about the KitchenAid® Professional-Grade Nonstick 6 -Cavity Regular Sized Muffin Pan.
Makes: 6 Muffins Time taken: 40 minutes
– Flour: 185 gms
– Soda: 1 teaspoon
– Cinnamon powder: ½ teaspoon
– Pinch of Salt
– Raw sugar: 120 gms
– Canola or sunflower oil: ½ cup
– Egg: 1 no.
– Vanilla extract: ½ teaspoon
– Zucchini (grated): 70 gms
– Walnuts (toasted and chopped): ½ cup
– Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius
– In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and cinnamon powder. Set aside
– In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and oil. Add egg and vanilla extract and whisk. Gently whisk in the shredded zucchini.
– Add the dry ingredients in 2 to 3 batches and fold in the walnuts.
– Scoop into KitchenAid® Professional-Grade Nonstick 6 -Cavity Regular Sized Muffin Pan, there is no need to grease or line the muffin pan!
– and bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
– Let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes, then run a knife around inner edge of each mould and then unmould from each cavity.